**The application period for the Boulder Small Business Grant Program is now closed.
Please read this page in its entirety before applying. The links to apply for the grant are below on this page, as well as a list of FAQs.
The City of Boulder is partnering with Colorado Enterprise Fund (CEF) to provide grants for local small businesses, including women- and minority-owned businesses and 501c3 nonprofits, with 100 or fewer employees that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
One-time grants of $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 that do not need to be repaid will be awarded through a competitive application process administered by CEF. Grant awards will be made until available funds of $675,000 dedicated to this program are exhausted. The online application will take about 10 minutes to complete.
To be considered, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and must submit a complete online application to CEF on or before 5:00 p.m. MDT on Friday, September 11, 2020. Applications will be evaluated by CEF and a panel of local nonprofit organizations that serve Boulder businesses or nonprofits using a scoring model to evaluate financial and other factors.
Small businesses or enterprises (sole proprietors and registered small businesses including LLCs, S-Corps, and other business types) and small 501c3 nonprofit businesses that meet eligibility requirements will be considered for a grant award. Applicants will be required to provide their City of Boulder business/sales tax license number and federal EIN or Tax ID Number. Additionally, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be privately held and headquartered in the city of Boulder
- Have a physical (brick-and-mortar) presence within Boulder city limits
- Have an active City of Boulder business/sales tax license issued before January 1, 2020
- Be current on all City of Boulder utility and tax accounts
- Currently have no more than 100 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
Note: Federal CARES Act funding will be used for this grant program and businesses in the marijuana industry are not eligible to participate.
For more information on resources available to Boulder businesses, visit the City of Boulder Coronavirus Business Resources page.
Check out the buzz around the Boulder Small Business Grant Program:
- What is the Boulder Small Business Grant Program and when can I apply?
- If awarded a grant, when might my business expect to receive the funding? Do awarded grants need to be repaid?
- If my business applies, is it guaranteed to receive funding?
- If I applied for funding from another program, does this disqualify my eligibility to apply and potentially receive this grant? (Regardless of getting awarded or not.)
- Where can I learn more about eligibility under this competitive grant program? Are some businesses excluded from consideration?
- How much funding will be available and when would grants be received under this program?
- Are there limits on how the grants, if awarded, could be used by businesses?
- Will I be able to ask for a specific grant amount?
- What information will I need to provide in order to apply and will it be considered confidential?
- How will the city’s goals be considered in the process?
- What eligibility and evaluation criteria will be considered?
- Can I change my application after I submit it?
- What is the timeline for this grant program?
- Are nonprofits eligible to apply?